Smoking tobacco has become a usual thing in our culture nowadays. A person with a cigarette is a usual thing: we can see them on the street, actors smoke in films, there are also book characters who smoke, we have relatives or friends who smoke. Starting as mainly as a part of a religious ritual a long time ago, it has become a routine thing for us.
This research paper is aimed at answering the following questions:
- How has the practice of smoking changed throughout all its history?
- How smoking influences smokers’ health as well as passive smokers?
- Why do people smoke? Physiological and psychological perspectives.
- What are the ways of giving up smoking?
- Is it right to ban smoking? In what places should smoking be banned?