The Purpose of Management Essays
Management essays give insight into up-to-date information and trends in the field of management, in any area of expertise such as healthcare management, conflict management, time management, risk management, etc. Writing a management essay is not always easy. Following is a concise guide on how to write a good management essay.
Tips for Writing a Management Essay
The first thing to keep in mind, when writing your management essay, is focusing on new information or introducing a new concept. The essay should incorporate a clear idea into theories, complete with examples to back up the idea. Following are tips to help you.
- The Topic – Choose a topic that introduces a new concept or clarifies an existing concept. Also, it is a good idea to use real life examples to reinforce ideas. Categories of topics to choose from include planning, resourcing, motivating, organizing, compensating, or development.
- The Structure – Your essay structure should contain the introduction, body, conclusion, and recommendations. Also, consider the readability of your essay and use headings, subheadings, and bullet-points.
- The Introduction and Thesis – Your introduction explains ‘what’ problem needs solving. The body of the essay explains ‘why’ the problem exists and ‘how’ it can be solved. Also, your thesis statement (or the main idea/concept) is explained in the introduction.
- The Body – Here, you explore and explain your argument by introducing a new idea or enhancing an existing idea. Be sure to use pertinent examples. Also this is where you gain the attention and trust of the reader by ensuring that you make valid points that are proven. Also, reference and source pertinent management theory pertaining to your chosen topic to support your argument. Your research findings are also included in the body.
- The Conclusion and Recommendations – Here is where you tie everything together by restating the thesis statement and the research findings to comprehensively reinforce the message of the management essay. Furthermore, management issues from the essay that are up for discussion should be touched on and included in the recommendations section.
- Citations and Referencing – Most management essays are written using the Harvard referencing style, due to its comprehensive nature. Be sure to use reputable sources for your research such as the Hoovers or Neilson databases, as well as the EBSCOhost and JSTOR databases; also, publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Business Week, or Fortune. You can find management theories in management texts.
Writing a management essay is a challenge, but following these tips can certainly help you complete the task and deliver a well-researched, well-written, informative essay that is on a level professionalism to appear in academic publications. Our professional custom writing service will provide you with quality Management essay help online on any topic.