Study of Human Behavior: 10 Facts That Will Make You Fall in Love with the Course
Even the words “human behavior” make you yawn. But, it just sounds so dry and boring.
Actually, you’re wrong. The study of human behavior is truly fascinating. The way we behave is unpredictable, weird, and sometimes wonderful.
Here are 10 fun facts that will make you hungry to learn more.
- High levels of testosterone have been linked to pleasure in the expression of anger towards others. We all know that testosterone can make us more aggressive, but now the reason is clear. The expression of anger gives some of us pleasure similar to what we feel when having sex.
- After you die, your brain remains alive for 7 minutes replaying all the memories from your life. So it turns out that you really do “see your life flash before your eyes” when dying. Spooky, isn’t it?
- Studies have confirmed that publicly stating a goal to others makes it less likely that you will succeed. The added pressure of the expectations of others causes you to lose your motivation. So next New Year’s, try writing your resolutions down privately instead of posting them publicly on social media and see what a difference it makes.
- It has been found that people with low self-esteem are more likely to engage in acts to purposely humiliate others. It turns out Mom was right all along. Bullies really do just feel bad about themselves.
- When a person lies, he or she has a tendency to look to the left or upwards. Anywhere but directly in the eyes of the person they’re talking to!
- The last person you are thinking about before you fall asleep is either a root cause of happiness or pain in your life. Perhaps this also explains why they so frequently show up in your dreams at night, too.
- When we have negative opinions about others, we really believe that these opinions are true and unbiased. That teacher is just incompetent and everyone knows it. The fact that he gave you a failing grade on your last paper has nothing to do with it.
- Intelligent women are more likely to remain single. It turns out that women with a higher IQ usually prefer being alone to being with the wrong people. So, if you’re a girl who has been single for a long time, it could just mean that you’re smarter than an average one.
- When listening to boring speeches, we are constantly rewriting them in our minds to make them more interesting. It’s our own inner defense mechanism to help keep us focused when a lecturer drones on and on. And most of the time, we don’t even realize that we’re doing it.
- Physical sensations directly affect our behavior. For example, if an object feels physically heavy, we associate it with a feeling of seriousness. And it has been shown that contact with nature helps us cope with the stress better.
Want to learn more intriguing facts about human behavior?
There are plenty of them, and we guarantee that as you continue studying them, you will be endlessly fascinated and hungry to learn even more.