Sometimes, you don’t know what you want to do until you’re already out there in the working world.
Suddenly you realize that you don’t understand people. And you have to deal with them every day.
That’s when you decide you want to study psychology online.
That way, you can continue to work while learning how to manage stress-free interactions with the people around you on a daily basis. And you can even open the doors to some new career opportunities during the process.
We think it’s a great idea too. That’s why we’ve compiled this list of the top nine places to study psychology online.
- Penn State University. You have the option of a Bachelor of Life Science in Psychology or a Bachelor of Science with a Business Option. The second track prepares you for careers such as business, human resources, or health care while the first is a more traditional preparation to become a certified counselor or therapist.
- Arizona State University. The online Psychology program at ASU is a part of their New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences, so your coursework will be connected to other disciplines like anthropology and political science.
- Washington State University. The WSU Global Campus offers its Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology through traditional undergraduate coursework which can be completed entirely online. Courses are taught by highly skilled and dedicated professors.
- Northeastern University. This school has a solid academic reputation and an impressive 96% student retention rate. Classes are rigorous and cover general Psychology in addition to areas of special interests.
- The University of Massachusetts. This program earns top marks for flexibility, allowing you to structure your coursework around a schedule that meets your needs. You can even take an accelerated track to complete your degree sooner.
- Bellevue University. With one of the most affordable online degree programs in the nation, Bellevue is a great option if you’re on a tight budget. It offers a good choice of a B.A. or B.S. degree in Psychology, both of which can be earned entirely online.
- Central Washington University. The school offers a 45-credit BA Psychology major to students who live outside the local area. The major can be combined with a minor or an additional major in some other areas to earn a degree. It is best suited for those who want to use their Psychology studies to complement their career in a related field, such as business or social work.
- The University of Florida. One of the pioneers of online education, UFL has every support in place to help distant students succeed. One of the features that sets it apart is the provision of a one-on-one advisor to help each student balance his/her responsibilities. Since time management can quickly become a huge obstacle when you begin your online studies, this asset should not be overlooked. In addition to core classes and general Psychology requirements, students also take lab science classes to build their research skills.
- Southern New Hampshire University. Affordability and real-world job skills are the strengths of online programs at SNHU. The schedule is highly flexible and coursework can be accessed 24/7. Professors are experts in the field.
With the help of one of these five-star, flexible online universities, you’ll be more than just an armchair psychologist in no time.