In the modern world, the debate on whether abortion should be legalized has dominated discussions for years. While some people see abortion as murder, others believe that abortion should be allowed in the case of ‘unwanted’ pregnancy. This is when the pregnancy was not planned, and the mother is either not ready to have a child, or the birth of the child may pose a danger to the mother and the child. When one participates in this debate constructively, you need to prepare a well-structured essay that demystifies the issues surrounding the abortion issue. Such an essay can be an important tool that people can use to support, or oppose, the issue of legalizing abortion.
A 5-paragraph argumentative essay on abortion should include the following five points:
- The first paragraph should introduce the debate and the contested issues concerning abortion. For instance, the writer should explain who supports legalization of abortion, and who does not. The writer should also give the reasons why people have these differing opinions.
- The second paragraph should explore one side of the debate. For instance, the writer can explore whether abortion should be legalized and whether such action of legalization of abortion will be a violation of human rights, ethics, laws governing the society, and the rights of any specific member of a group of the society.
- The third paragraph should explore the other side of the debate. In this case, the writer should explain why legalization of abortion is vital and the conditions under which it should be allowed. The writer can explain what the repercussions would be if the state does not legalize the issue of abortion and what society stands to lose by having a blanket ban on abortion.
- The fourth paragraph should explore the validity of the arguments that both sides provide. The literature on the issues that the writer raises in support of the issue of abortion and its legalization should be discussed. The writer can use legal arguments as part of its presentation, or, religious arguments to credit or discredit the arguments of both sides of the debate.
- The fifth paragraph should present the facts that emerged in the previously written paragraphs. Since the fifth paragraph is the concluding paragraph, the writer can give his/her personal opinion based on the facts presented.
Why not to try our professional essay writing service designed to help students with writing college essays. Get a custom paper on Abortion now!